Sunday, September 12, 2010

Go Team Venture!

 Tonight's the premiere of the new season of The Venture Bros. It looks awesome as ever.



Jackson Publick tells us what we can expect.

For those of you who didn't like the last eight, well...I can safely say these new ones have more of the things you thought were missing from the last ones, less of the things you thought there was too much of, and quite a few new and unexpected twists .

Maybe I'm easy to please, but I didn't have any complaints about the last run of shows. Sure, I would have liked to see more Brock, but Sgt. Hatred's personal anguish was so funny that I didn't miss him too much.

No show skewers pop-culture like TVB does. While the show is mainly a send-up of Johnny Quest (who is a Rick Brant knockoff) they also parody superheroes, and tonight's episode, "The Diving Bell Vs. The Butter-glider," has a plot right out the movie Fantastic Voyage (1966). I can't wait.

The Venture Bros theme

No comments: