Saturday, September 18, 2010

Swag

I went to a big booksale yesterday and made some good finds. My best score was all four of James Blish's Cities in Flight novels.


I've read about these books before, but never read the novels themselves. I also picked up Stanislaw Lem's The Investigation, Harlan Ellison's Alone Against Tomorrow, Harry Harrison's Stainless Steel Visions, and John Brunner's A Maze of Stars. And I got a couple more of Chalker's Well of Souls books, two more of Laumer's Retief books, plus a couple of Mack Reynolds novels, Satellite City, and Galactic Medal of Honor. I also nabbed James H. Schmitz's The Lion Game, which has one of the sexiest Kelly Freas covers ever.


What else did I get? A bunch of Foster's Star Trek Logs, and Joe Haldeman's Trek novel Planet of Judgment. (I don't normally go for media tie-ins, but I do have most of the early Bantam & Ballentine Star Treks) There are several other books I picked up, including William Harrison's Roller Ball Murder. This was the inspiration for the movie Rollerball, and I admit I got it mostly out of curiosity.


All in all it wasn't a bad haul for $30.

No comments: