Thursday, September 24, 2009

FlashForward

Tonight is the preview of FlashForward. The show is based on Robert J. Sawyer's novel of the same name. That's right. A Hollywood sf show based on the work of an actual sf author. Hard to believe, I know. It's not a direct adaptation of the novel the way I'd like, but I'm willing to give it a chance and see what they do with the material. Here's a preview.



I'm hoping if this show is good and successful that we'll see more adaptations of sf novels being made. If the bozos in charge of the studios had any sense we'd already have adaptations of Lois McMaster Bujold's Vorkosigan saga and David Weber's Honor Harrington series . Not my personal favorites, but two very popular series. Instead we get films based on Monopoly and Battleship. Uffda.

No comments: